Make Carroll County a place where families can access resources to raise healthy and thriving children so they can live and work in the County.
1. Increase Lead Poisoning Prevention awareness and increase blood lead level testing rates in the County.
2. Increase awareness and understanding of Home Visiting resources in the County for families and providers.
3. Increase information and support for first-time parents and parents of children with special needs
4. Increase the ability of communities to promote resilience amongst families and young children.
5. Increase options for families to access quality childcare in the County.
Workgroups: RAISING THE VALLEY (Mount Washington Valley) & SOUTHERN CARROLL EARLY CHILDHOOD COALTION
Carroll County falls under region 7 of the Regional Early Childhood Coalition framework, along with Coos and Upper Grafton Counties. Within Carroll County, ther are two subregional Early Chidlhood Coaltions: Raising the Valley - covering the towns of Mount Washington Valley - and the Souther Carroll Early Childhood Coalition, covering the central, southern, and lakes region of Carroll County.
Raising the Valley is a group of community stakeholders including school, healthcare, social service, early childhood educators, parents and other interested partners working together towards the vision that all Mt. Washington Valley children and their families are healthy, learning and thriving now and in the future. For more information, visit: raisingthevalleynh.org
The goals of the Southern Carroll Early Childhood Coaltion is to:
Welcome, engage, and support/strengthen young growing families in Southern Carroll County.
Upcoming Family Focus Groups for families with children ages 7 and under in Southern Carroll County. See flyer HERE.
Norther Carroll County: Contact: Cathy Livingston
Southern Carroll County: Contact: Caleb Gilbert
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Group
The Childrens Center - 180 South Main St. Wolfeboro
3rd Tue month, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Crossings - Bereavement Support for Children and Families
Peer Support Group meet at the MWV Childrens Museum
Contact Program Coordinator, Julie Lanoie for more information at 603-356-7006 ext 43