Aligning with the Community Health Improvement Plan
The Carroll County region has identified Access to Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services and Substance Misuse & Addiction as two of the six health priorities in its Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP), entitled Carroll County Promise 2020. The Access to Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services CHIP priority area is a key component of the Continuum of Care initiative.
Improve access to a comprehensive, coordinated continuum of behavioral healthcare services in Carroll County by 2020.
- Increase awareness and decrease stigma of behavioral health issues.
- Increase collaboration and education with agencies, businesses, individuals and the general public to address specific issues, including: suicide, depression and feelings of hopelessness and isolation.
- Reduce rate of suicide deaths and suicide attempts by adolescents each year (NH SHIP).
- Reduce number of hospital emergency department visits for mental health.
- Improve access to mental health screening, prevention, and early intervention for residents through primary care settings.
- Increase access to affordable health insurance coverage.