Substance Misuse Prevention
The Carroll County Substance Misuse Prevention Network, based at C3PH, is an evolving group of organizations and individuals who live and/or work in Carroll County, working together to reduce alcohol and other drug use among Carroll County young people.
A Prevention Planning/Leadership team that includes representatives from health care, business, education, family supports, law enforcement, and government, substance use disorder service providers, and individuals meets regularly and provides direction to the prevention initiatives in the county. The Carroll County Prevention Network is committed to promoting environmental and other practices to prevent substance misuse, advocating for behavioral health resources for Carroll County citizens, and supporting the Carroll County recovering community.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
- Provide information about alcohol and other drugs to parents, teens, and the general public in Carroll County.
- Share information about statewide, countywide, and local efforts to prevent substance misuse among our youth and other populations.
- Provide technical assistance to schools, communities, businesses, and other organizations in Carroll County in creating and implementing substance use policies, evidence-based prevention programs and prevention practices.
- Participate in and support prevention initiatives of our partners in Carroll County.
- Coordinate community events that enhance the prevention, treatment, and recovery support resources in the county.
- Advocate for and facilitate multi-agency collaborations to bring additional prevention, treatment, and recovery support resources to Carroll County.
- Assist in the development of grant applications with and/or for our partners.
Contact Jennifer Selfridge, our Substance Misuse Prevention Director for more information.
- Enhance the capacity of the Carroll County Coalition for Public Health and its partners to effectively address substance misuse across the lifespan in the region.
- Reduce drug-related overdose incidents and deaths each year (NH SHIP).
- Increase public awareness relative to the harm and consequences of alcohol and drug misuse.
- Prevent and reduce substance misuse (including alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs) among youth and young adults (12-25) by 2019.
- Reduce substance misuse (including alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs) among adults (25+) by 2019.
- Promptly respond to and prevent harms associated with emerging drug threats in the Carroll County Public Health Region.
First Tuesday of even months, 9:00am-11pm at TriCounty CAP, Contact: Jennifer Selfridge at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- February 2017
- May 2017
- August 2017
- October, 2017
- February 2016
- April 2016 (resched. May)
- August 2016
- October 2016
- June 2016
- December 2016
COMMUNITY PARTNER LINKS
Carroll County Police Chiefs
Whitehorse Addiction Center for Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
16 Rt 16 B, Center Ossipee
First Friday of every month 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
Intensive Outpatient Program (open enrollment now)
10 am - 1:00 pm and 5pm - 8am
Clients must have an assessment prior to entering
F.A.S.T.E.R Family Support Group
MWV Supports Recovery 1620 Main Street, Center Conway
Thursdays 6:30 am - 7:45 am
OTHER USEFUL LINKS