Substance Misuse Prevention
The Carroll County Substance Misuse Prevention Network, based at C3PH, is an evolving group of organizations and individuals who live and/or work in Carroll County, working together to reduce alcohol and other drug use in Carroll County.
A Prevention Planning/Leadership team that includes representatives from health care, business, education, family supports, law enforcement, and government, substance use disorder service providers, and interested individuals meet regularly and provides direction to the prevention initiatives in the county. Our group is committed to promoting environmental strategies and other evidence-based practices to prevent substance misuse, advocating for behavioral health resources for Carroll County citizens, and supporting the Carroll County recovering community.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
- Provide information about alcohol and other drugs to parents, teens, and the general public in Carroll County.
- Share information about statewide, countywide, and local efforts to prevent substance misuse among our youth and other populations.
- Provide technical assistance to schools, communities, businesses, and other organizations in Carroll County as they create and implement substance use policies, evidence-based prevention programs and practices.
- Participate in and support the prevention initiatives of our partners in Carroll County.
- Coordinate community events that enhance the prevention, treatment, and recovery support resources in the county.
- Advocate for and facilitate multi-agency collaborations to bring additional prevention, treatment, and recovery support resources to Carroll County.
Contact Jennifer Selfridge, our Substance Misuse Prevention Coordinator (for more information.
2016 - 2019 SMP Strategic Plan
- Enhance the capacity of the Carroll County Coalition for Public Health and its partners to effectively address substance misuse across the lifespan in the region.
- Reduce drug-related overdose incidents and deaths each year (NH SHIP).
- Increase public awareness relative to the harm and consequences of alcohol and drug misuse.
- Prevent and reduce substance misuse (including alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs) among youth and young adults (12-25) by 2019.
- Reduce substance misuse (including alcohol, marijuana, prescription drugs) among adults (25+) by 2019.
- Promptly respond to and prevent harms associated with emerging drug threats in the Carroll County Public Health Region.
The combined Prevention Leadership Team and Continuum of Care Work Group meets the First Tuesday of even months, 9:00am-12:30pm at Cook Memorial Library in Tamworth, NH. (9:00 - 10:30 -- focus on prevention; 11:00 - 12:30 focus on continuum of care).
Meetings are open. All are welcome.Contact: Jennifer Selfridge at email@example.com for more information.
|August 2018|| |
August 2017 - no meeting
|June 2018|| |
June 2017 - no meeting
April 2016 (resched. May)
March, 2018 (resched. from Feb)
COMMUNITY PARTNER LINKS
Carroll County Police Chiefs
Whitehorse Addiction Center for Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
16 Rt 16 B, Center Ossipee
Contact Whitehorse at 603-651-1441
Intensive Outpatient Program (open enrollment now)
10 am - 1:00 pm and 5pm - 8am
Clients must have an assessment prior to entering
F.A.S.T.E.R Family Support Group
MWV Supports Recovery 1620 Main Street, Center Conway
Thursdays 6:30 am - 7:45 am
OTHER USEFUL LINKS